Monday, January 19, 2015

7000 year old Medha Suktham --- Mahanarayana Upanishad

Hi Readers, today I'm going to share you the 7000 year old Medha Suktham with english translation.
Medha Suktha is an ode to the capacity of clear understandings. Medha can be also translated as genius. This medha Suktha is a part of Mahanarayana Upanishad. There seems to be Medha Sukthas in Rig Veda and Atharva Veda also.
Medha Suktham

OM yash chanda sam risha bo vishwaru pa ha
Chando biyo diyam ritat samba buva
Sa mendro medaya-a spri no tu
Amritasiya deva dara no buya sam
Shari ram me vi char shanam
Jiva me madu mata ma
Karna-a biyam buri vi shru vam
Bramana kosho asi medaya pihi ta ha
Shrutam me gopa ya
OM shanti shanti shantihi
OM Medha Devi jusha mana na aga-at
Vishwa chi badra sumana siya mana
Twaya jushta nuda mana du ruk ta-an
Briha dwa dema vidarte suvira-a-a
Twaya jushta rishir bava ti devi
Twaya brama gat shri ruta twaya-a
Twaya jushtas chitram vin date vasu 
sano jushashwa dra vino na mede
Me dam ma indro dada tu
Me dam devi Saraswati
Me dam me ashwina vu bava da taam
Push kara sraja
Apsarasu cha ya meda
Gandarveshu cha yan mana ha
Devi-im meda Saraswati
Sa ma-am meda surabir jushtam swaha
A mam meda surabir vishwa rupa
Hiranya varna jagati jagamya
Ur jashwati paya sa pinva mana-a
Sa mam me da supra tika jushan-tam-m
Mayi me dam mayi prajam
Ma yagnis tejo dada tu
Mayi me dam mayi prajam
Ma indra indrayam dada tu
Mayi me dam mayi prajam
Mayi suryo brajo dadatu
Om Hamsa Hamsaya vidmahe
Paramahamsaya dhimahi
Tanno Hamsa Prachodayat
Om Shanti Shanti Shantihi
May the universal form, exalted among the Vedas and born of the essence of the Vedas, bless me with wisdom.

May I be blessed with the nectar of immortality. May my body become active. May my tongue speak sweetly.

May my ears hear everything well. You are the repository of Brahman, and are hidden by the intellect.

May my memory protect me. Om peace, peace, peace.
O goddess of wisdom! You are pleased, all-pervading and have a peaceful mind. Bless us so that we may give up bad speech and speak well in an assembly like heroes.
O goddess! Blessed by you one becomes a sage; like Brahma. Blessed by you one attains prosperity. Blessed by you one attains many treasures. May that intelligence bless us with wealth.
  
May Indra give me intelligence. May goddess Saraswati give me intelligence. May the two Ashwins, who wear garlands of lotuses give me intelligence.
 May Saraswati, who is fragrant, bless me with the divine intelligence which is the wisdom of the Apsaras and the mind of the Gandharvas.
May that Saraswati, who is intelligence personified, who is fragrant, who is all pervading, who has a golden complexion, who is the earth, who is accessible to all, who is full of vigour, who is overflowing with the nectar of knowledge, and who is beautiful; come to me and bless me with intelligence.
May Agni give me intelligence, people and vigour. May Indra give me intelligence, people and bodily power. May Surya give me intelligence, people and brilliance.
We perceive the Hamsa that is the soul; we meditate on that Hamsa that is the supreme being.
May that Hamsa inspire us (to reach that goal).
Reference : Google, Kaivalyan, Cap Ajit Vadakayil, celextext.

No comments:

Post a Comment